Tuesday, April 24, 2012

    I have been trying to do one little project or activity with my kids every weekend.  It gives them something to look forward to and it gives us the opportunity to spend some time together.  Our last project was Jolly Rancher Lollipops.  I used the recipe from the following link:

http://cuckooking.blogspot.ca/2010/07/jolly-rancher-lollipops.html

    I don't know where you buy lollipop sticks so I just used wooden skewers, which are available at any grocery store.  I cut the skewers in half and trimmed ends.  We also tried popsicle sticks for a few.  They worked well also.  I did not use cooking spray either.  Instead, I put some vegetable oil in a bowl and had the kids brush the oil onto their tinfoil molds.  The tinfoil peeled away more easily than what I thought it would.  Having the kids brush the oil on and peel away the tinfoil created more involvement for them as well.  The kids also put their sticks underneath the Jolly Ranchers before they went into the oven.  Our lollipops also took longer to 'cook' than the six minutes recommended in the recipe.

    I know my kids enjoyed this project, or at least the product of this project, because one asked if we could do this activity at her birthday party.  "What a great idea!"  I thought.  

No comments:

Post a Comment