Friday, June 15, 2012

My husband is not one who places a great deal of value on gifts.  Thus, birthdays, Christmases, anniversaries and Father's Days are always a challenge.  My husband is also one who has a great sense of humour and a good chuckle is always appreciated.  For Father's Day, the kids will remind their dad of why he is 'the bomb.'  Hopefully, the gift will make him smile and laugh. 

I adapted this idea slightly from http://www.make-it-do.com/celebrate-it/valentine-doings/.  Scroll down and take a look at the picture provided.  The kids and I used three sticks of 'dynamite' (ie. three packs of Rolo candies) to create our bomb.  I used one for each child.  I had the kids explain to me why they thought that their dad was 'the bomb.'  On the inside of the red paper, I wrote each of the kids' responses.  The bomb can be held together with duct tape, electrical tape or string.  It does not have to be a pipe cleaner.  The licorice in the middle can also be substituted with a candy cigar since the cigar has little red sprinkles at the end that are supposed to resemble sparks.  Lastly, attach the tag.  If you have older children, let them make the tag themselves.  The more they do, the more pride they will have in the project.  Happy Fathers' Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment